Monday, June 23, 2014

Whale Medicine Day 6

Today, Whale gave me the task of remembering what my New Year's goal for 2012 was...



...then I was to make a written outline of what parts of my life I wanted to make beautiful when I set this goal in January, and note the steps needed to do that.



So, I wrote it all down and was happy to see that I've been doing pretty well, but I haven't made as much progress as I'd like considering it's already August.  So Whale said to write down the things that are slowing down my progress.  And then offered a suggestion about handling the distractions.



The suggestion was to allow an hour each day for distractions, but to keep track of the time, and stick to the one hour.  Some of the distractions are unavoidable, but worrying about finances, watching TV at night through the week because we have cable now, and reading peoples' blogs on the computer aren't really as important as other things I want to accomplish.

Whale also suggested I review my year's goal outline every Sunday night to keep it fresh in my mind,  and to make a list each evening for the following day.   Somehow, over time I've stopped doing this regularly and I know when I start the day with a list, I'm much more focused and efficient.

My list for Tuesday is ready and I'm off to bed ~  tomorrow I'm to practice what we talked about today and on Wednesday I'll meet with my teacher again.  I'm not sure what this has to do with finding my unique sacred sound but being more organized is certainly a good idea :>)  



No comments:

Post a Comment