Monday, June 23, 2014

Whale Medicine Day 2

Last night I thought I'd listen to some Whale songs for inspiration ~ they remind me a bit of violins at times - very peaceful and soothing.




Here are some whale songs ~


Humpback Whale Song


Whale Song

Evening Notes:  Did quite a bit of thinking about Whale while on the road today.  And it was fun to be a whale - that's what I do with each animal teacher - imagine myself as one of their species.  Did you ever see a whale driving a van,  singing along with rock/rap/R&B on the radio?  I was a little whale though, just a baby one.  One of our dogs, Sundance, popped in to do some dancing.  There's a story to that - about Sundance dancing, but I'll tell it another time.  It's true that our close animal friends can travel telepathically with us when we're away from home, to see what we're up to.  One of our old dogs, Jasmine, often appeared when I was at the supermarket in the meat department :>)

Anyway,  Whale suggested I open my mouth really wide in a big smile when I sing and the sounds would come out better.  I'm a terrible singer and anyone else's thought would be for me to shut my mouth, not open it wider!  But Whale was right and it actually did help.  Some...

So tomorrow afternoon I plan to work on finding my unique sound.  Meantime, tonight I'm a bit sad after learning a friend suffered a serious injury and required surgery.  Prayers and healing I can do, but I really wish I could be there physically to help.  He and his wife, who is also very ill,  are pretty much on their own. I'd like to be able to make better magic, but that's what I'm working on this year, isn't it.   A little old fashioned New England ingenuity might be useful too...

No comments:

Post a Comment