Monday, June 23, 2014

Bee Medicine Day 4



Was so happy to find this natural holed stone outside in the kennel yard the other day!  It goes by many names - holy, holey, holed, faerie, eye, blessing, doobie, hag, witch's, dream, and seers stone and is considered very magical.  The holes are caused by dripping water in caves, or at waterfalls,  or are drilled by certain worms that live in the ocean.  This one was definitely formed by dripping water and how it came here I have no idea!  There are no caves or bodies of water nearby so it's a mystery! In the 26 year's we've lived here, I've never found one on our land before.

Holey stones are used by some in rituals and ceremonies and are considered to have sacred powers and to carry ancient wisdom.  They are primarily used for healing and protection, but are also thought to prevent bad dreams, and it is said if one is lost and looks through the hole , they will find their way.  Holey stones also can be used to access other worlds if looked through during the light of the full moon, including the Faerie Realm, and spirits may be seen.

Also, this stone is made of slate, which is used to achieve balance. 

Through the years I've accumulated a collection of holey stones. I often give them to Reiki clients and use them for healing.   Some of them were gifted to me by a wonderful Reiki friend,  and some I bought.  But this one is extra special because I found it myself,  right in my own backyard.

Bee will continue to be my teacher until next Monday.  I have a lot to learn from her.  I'm also working on some artwork for a show in November and had intended to dedicate my next piece to Bee even before she appeared as my teacher. So I will be immersed in bees this week, along with getting ready for a short getaway with my husband :>)

Much gratitude to Bee and the gift of the stone!





No comments:

Post a Comment