Monday, June 23, 2014

Squirrel Medicine


Blank Card Asian Squirrel by AsianBrocade on Etsy

My animal teacher today is Squirrel, whose lessons are all about gathering, whether that be knowledge, energy, or material things.  Being prepared for the future by having what you need is always wise.  But Squirrel can also teach us to let go of what we have too much of in order to make room for new things to come into our life.

Squirrels are found in the Americas, Eurasia, and Africa and have also been introducted to Australia.  Some live in trees, some in the ground, or even in peoples' homes which is sometimes a problem around here. They eat mostly plants and nuts, but are also known to eat insects, small animals, and also small snakes!  And of course they do like to bury food in the ground for the lean winter months.

I'm home today and will be working on my vintage sales stock in the basement plus my parents' paperwork - both of which are excessive and out of control. So Squirrel is the perfect teacher to encourage me to make some significant progress on both projects!

End of day notes:  Decided to forgo working on my parents' paperwork and focus entirely on the basement stockroom.  Got everything organized for my big July 4'th show which is a major load off my mind.  Then I cleaned, tagged and packed 4 cartons of items for the Fairhaven Farmers Market on Sunday.
Last Sunday, along with my regular antiques stock,  I brought a tablefull of vintage yard sale-priced items that I further discounted by 50% at 3:00 and at closing time anything left was free. Customers were thrilled with the whole concept so I plan to do the same thing every Sunday I'm there.  Hopefully by the end of the season in September my stock will be reduced by 2/3 which is what Squirrel and I agreed would be reasonable. The few things left at closing time last week were taken by another vendor for a Relay for Life sale to raise money for the American Cancer Society so that was cool. And in the future, if everything isn't gone, I can stop at the thrift shop on the way home and donate to them.  A big thank you to Squirrel for the advice and motivation today along with the extra energy to run up and down the basement stairs all afternoon :>)

Squirrel has reminded me not to forget todays' lessons when I go yard sale-ing tomorrow and I'm sure my legs will remind me too, but otherwise school's out for the weekend so it's time to relax and have some fun!!  Happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment