Monday, June 23, 2014

Raven Medicine


Gourd Art - Raven Talker by LaBella Terra on Etsy

I'm honored to welcome Raven today as my teacher!  Raven is the carrier of magic and can help one enter the Void, the place that is all black like a mother's womb and is the source of creation.  Raven also carries distance healing and is in fact another animal who is part of my Reiki team.  The Common Raven, which is what we have, is found all over the Northern Hemisphere.   They are about two feet long, can live up to 40 years in the wild, eat just about anything, and are highly intelligent.  I didn't get a message from Hawk yesterday that I recognized as such, but there have been many thoughts swirling around in my head and I feel like I'm on the brink of knowing *something*.  Maybe today I'll *get it* or at least have a clue!

I can't help but wonder why intense lessons must come when I'm crazy busy with other things (3 shows this week).  But maybe I'm the one who's making things crazy.  So I just called Richie and asked him if he'd do the Mom visit for me on Thursday after work,  saving me 4 hours today.  Being the awesome guy he is, he said he'd be happy to and I feel like a huge burden has been lifted off my shoulders.  Now I can just do the errand marathon, be home at a decent hour and have plenty of time to load the van and get some shut eye since I was up until 4:00am last night.  Things are already looking up today!

End of day notes:  Well yes, there was a revelation!  Seems I am not to move on until a lesson is complete, i.e. I *get it*,  which may not necessarily happen within a day.  Ahh...I knew that but had forgotten.  I guess the tendency to forget is one of the reasons why I need to go back to animal school every 5 years.

So my lesson from yesterday with Hawk is not done, nor is today's lesson with Raven. I have been trying to put the pieces together I got so far from Hawk and Raven, and didn't seem to have enough to draw any conclusions,  which has been bothering me.  But it seems they are concerned about overwhelming me,  so this lesson is being given at a pace that cooperates with my crazy 3-show schedule this week. That's another thing I had forgotten about the animals - they are considerate.

I wish I could say the same for the humans in my neighborhood.  There have been fireworks day and night for the past two weeks and my dogs are really stressing!   It's past midnight and we all need some sleep!  I don't understand why people feel the need to spend tons of money to make a lot of noise and risk getting hurt - every year there are injuries.  The news tonight reported a fire caused by fireworks resulting in 9 people being burned so badly they were taken to the hospital.  The 3 children among them had to be airlifted to a hospital in Boston.  Why not save fireworks for the actual holiday and leave setting them off to the professionals?

It's good to enjoy and celebrate the 4'th and I hope everyone does - just keep it safe ~ and please try to be considrate of others ~

No comments:

Post a Comment