Monday, June 23, 2014

Hummingbird Medicine


Anna's Hummingbird by sue8261 on Etsy

My teacher today is Hummingbird whose lessons involve the fine art of finding and creating joy and beauty in our lives and tasting the sweet nectar of life.  There are 300 species of hummingbirds and they are the only bird who can fly backwards.  Their food is flower nectar and also insects and spiders. Only flowers with nectar containing 10% or more sugar are acceptable to them. Hummers are found in the Americas and can fly up to 34mph, sometimes migrating distances of over 2,500 miles to reach a warmer climate.

Hummingbirds can help us connect with those of the Faerie Realm and can teach us about using flowers for medicine.  Bach flower remedies are an example of this.  The Hummingbird values their home and takes much care in building their nest so if you want to redecorate, she can help with that too!

It's a stay at home day and there's so much to do I'm not sure what to tackle first.  But with the appearance of Hummingbird also comes extra energy and hopefully that will be the case today!

End of day notes:  Did I find joy and beauty today?  Yes, it felt joyful to weed out, file,  and organize my parents' paperwork that was covering three quarters of the dining room table and now that table looks beautiful!  I also cleaned out the burl bowl in the center of the table which is a catch all for pens, markers, post it notes and bits of this and that.  Also eliminated two cartons of my parents' things stored in the upstairs hall - one was paperwork, one was photos.  Photos are hard for me to part with and going through 6 albums and consolidating them will be a project in itself.  I did flip through the one that showed our home being built and the many happy family celebrations that took place here over 20 years during the holidays and get togethers. Aside from the fact that most of the dogs and humans are gone or relocated far from us (gulp!), it was sad to see how my decor has evolved.

I also had reason to go through some of the dogs' photos and was shocked to see the changes in myself.  These past 5 years have been rough and it shows on me and in everything around me.  I didn't realize how much until I saw the pictures.

Bu instead of feeing discouraged (well, I am a little but I'm not going to get stuck that way), I feel even more determined to move forward with my plans goals.  We can't ever get things back exactly the way they were in the past, but we can certainly use what we've learned from our journey to create new joy and beauty.

Thank you Hummingbird for an eye opening day, and for the extra energy too )  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment