Monday, June 23, 2014

Dolphin Medicine


Dolphin Dreaming by SheldonLee on Etsy

Welcome to my teacher today, Dolphin, who shows us to how breathe correctly in order to revitalize our bodies and release our emotions! Dolphin can also help us to use our breath to connect with Spirit, the Dreamtime and other beings who share our planet. 

Over 40 species of dolphins are found worldwide, generally in shallow sea water, living on mostly fish and squid.  Dolphins are highly intelligent, have keen eyesight and great hearing, but are thought to not have much of a sense of smell.  They also have a history of being friendly and helpful to humans and are currently the stars of a number of healing therapy programs for both children and adults. I know just watching the old television program, "Flipper" when I was a kid left me with a feeling of happiness as dolphins are joyful creatures.

There are different methods of breathing but my absolute favorite is blocking one nostril of my nose with the tip of my finger and slowly breathing in through the other.  Then I switch and block the nostril I breathed in through and breathe out the other. Doing this several times relaxes me and clears my mind immediately and is how I start off every telepathic communication.

I'm looking forward to what Dolphin has to teach me about breathing today, especially since I'll be starting to ride the stationary bike!

End of day notes:  I'm not sure if all the distractions today prevented me from hearing Dolphin or if the lesson is unfolding.  The distractions were temps that felt like 105, needing to get the dogs' blankets in the wash, vac the floors, clean the stainless walls,  then wash the kennel floors with a steam cleaner (ugh!) and doing these things quickly so the dogs didn't have to be outdoors longer than 30 minutes.  Luckily Melissa was here, I decided we'd do the kennel in two halves letting half the dogs out at a time, and we worked well as a team, accomplishing everything in an hour.

After she left it got pitch black and there was a wicked T-storm that necessitated crating and kenneling all the dogs in the kennel kitchen area and me sitting on the floor with them until the storm was over.  I passed the time by telling them stories about how myself and the other kids in the neighborhood used to run outside during thunderstorms and stand in the downpour in our bare feet and bathing suits to cool off. (Yes, strange our mothers would have the suits ready and let us do that, but it was only for a few minutes and then we were called inside and toweled off.)  I also thanked the thunder beings and rain for dropping the temps into the 70's and not knocking out our power. I don't think the dogs' opinions of the storm were changed but they did calm down.  Danjim and Sky even fell asleep.

The last distraction was some future business plans I've been thinking about, and discussing them with Richie.

I did work the spiral by riding the stationary bike on the middle resistance setting for 15 minutes - I was short on time by the end of the day, but it was better than nothing. 

The only thing remotely related to dolphins today was the rainwater but the right teacher always comes at the right time.   Maybe it's about cutting down smoking some more - maybe in order to work up to riding the bike for 45 minutes to an hour I'll need to do that.  Yes, it might be that...but often times the animals surprise me and the lesson isn't about what I think it might be at all.  Hopefully I'll know more tomorrow ~


No comments:

Post a Comment