Monday, June 23, 2014

Found The Spiral!



My instructor yesterday was Grouse, who teaches us how to use the sacred spiral, and as I wrote in yesterday's post, I was at a loss as to how to do that.  So I asked Grouse for more help.

This morning I awoke from a dream in which I was running and it felt so good to work my legs AND be cool because it wasn't in the 90's there in Dreamtime and there were no biting flies trying to take chunks out of me and suck my blood.  But sure enough it's as hot as hell here in ordinary reality again, so I asked Grouse what the dream meant and she said, "look downstairs and you will find your spiral".

I looked downstairs and found the wee painting above that I did sometime in the past, and was wondering if I should paint some spirals.  But Grouse said, "Nope, that's not it, go look again".

Back downstairs I went, searching, until my eyes lit on my bike, which is on a special stand enabling it to be ridden stationary. 

So I looked at the wheels, and they are round of course, and spin in circles, but they're not spirals...



...looking, looking, where's the damn spiral?? "Keep looking", said Grouse, and then I saw it! 


Yes, of course! Now I get it! I was talking on the phone with my friend Terri just yesterday morning and we were both complaining about the heat and how we haven't been able to walk the dogs either at the forest or at home, how we are both getting fat, and how we need to find a way to burn some calories and get in shape for fall sled dog running season.

I've gained 8 pounds which is a lot for me being I'm only 5' 4" and have small bones. And although I've been exercising 3 mornings a week for 2 months, and my core muscles are starting to show improvement, I need to do something to burn calories and get rid of the excess jelly belly.  This has REALLY been bothering me because all my clothes are tight and I'm tired of looking like the Pillsbury Dough Boy!

It's cool down in the basement, and there's the bike all set up.  There's a mileage counter for the bike that needs to be hooked up and then I'll be set to go.  I'm commited to riding that bike 3 times a week, spinning that spiral gear and burning calories starting tomorrow!

The answer to my problem has been right in front of my nose all summer long, so who's the bird brain???  That would be me.  ~ LOL ~ Thank you Grouse!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment