Monday, June 23, 2014

Rabbit Medicine



Little White Bunny Hand Puppet by chicadolly on Etsy

Last week my Mom fell, fracturing her wrist,  and Sky became ill, but both loved ones are doing ok now so I'm back to my lessons with the animals.  I did figure out the meaning of what I saw during my journey with Whale and discovered my sacred sound.  So all that remains is to practice and eventually I'll be shown my past lives. Meantime, there's plenty to do with my current life :>)

Today I welcome my teacher, Rabbit!  More than half the world's rabbit population is found in North America, but there are also rabbits in Japan, parts of  Europe,  Asia, Africa and South America.  The males are called bucks, the females are does, and babies are kits.  Their breeding season lasts 9 months and I was amazed to read that one rabbit can produce 800 offspring through children, grandchildren and great grandchildren in one season!  They are herbivores and mostly live in burrows.  Their teeth are very strong and they can deliver a powerful kick with their back legs if attacked.  They might look fluffy and helpless, but they are not.

Rabbit's have much knowledge to offer us, but their main teachings have to do with fertility and fear.  Fertility of course can apply to more than having babies as mostly everyone would like to live a productive life.  And almost everyone has fears. Fear is a major factor that can prevent a person from living a productive life, especially fear of failure.

Because rabbits are considered a tasty treat to quite a few animals, caution and awareness are imperative for a rabbit's survival.  But Rabbit also teaches us that being overly fearful is most likely to trigger the law of attraction and bring what we fear right to our door.  Sometimes if we allow even a single fear to continue unchecked, it can multiply and spread in no time at all, just like rabbits, until it affects our whole life and we become afraid to even poke a whisker out of our burrow:>) 

Three ways I've personally found helpful in conquering fear is to first try to think positive about what I'm afraid of.  This seems a little ridiculous sometimes, especially when we are faced with serious health, financial or relationship problems.  But once you've lived a while, a pattern becomes clear and that pattern is that with each challenge always comes a reward or a hidden blessing.   Perhaps you've overcome an illness and go on to help others with the same illness.  Or desperate financial difficulties force you to develop a new talent resulting in a great career. Or you break off a romantic relationship which opens a door to meeting the person of your dreams. The blessing may not come for a while, or easily, but it never fails to come eventually.

The second way I've found helpful in conquering a fear is to face it, make a plan and then act on it.  Some things can't be avoided, but having a backup plan for the worst case scenario is reassuring to me.  Where there's a will, there's a way and as my dog Jasmine always said, "when the going gets tough, the tough get going!". So examining a fear and taking action makes me feel I'm doing my best to help myself.

The third thing I do is pray for help.  We are given free will, so we can choose to go it alone, or ask for assistance.  If you need help merely getting out of bed in the morning and getting dressed, it's ok to ask - nothing is too small or too large. People close to us can often offer solutions too, or at least support.

Something worth mentioning here is the fact that some people are fearful by nature, so much so that they suffer from depression or anxiety. Everyone on my mom's side of the family has one or both and although I don't get depressed, I've had anxiety since I was around 5.  After a lifetime of battling it via the mind over matter method, I now take organic Valerian root extract every morning. So if medication is needed, I'd recommend finding the correct and safe one for you and taking it as you would take medicine for any other disease. Badger spirit recommended the Valerian for me, but I researched it and then cleared it with my naturopathic doctor before using it. 

There are many ways of dealing with fear - if anyone has a favorite one, please feel free to comment and share.

I'm not sure what Rabbit would like me to know about fertility or fear today, but I'm certainly all ears :>)



No comments:

Post a Comment