Monday, June 23, 2014

Porcupine Medicine

Child's print by weandthebean on Etsy


My animal for today is Porcupine, who teaches us to honor our inner child by remaining playful and trusting.  Porcupines are peaceful creatures who only shoot their quills if attacked.  They like to eat leaves, twigs, green plants and tree bark in the winter.  They are also known to like salt, something I seem to need myself.

On Tuesday's I visit my Mom at the nursing home then when I get home, I do all my errands.  These activities don't exactly lend themselves to play, but I'll see what I can do!  As far as eating porcupine-like food, greens for breakfast would be tough, but I can get a nice salad at Panera Bread for lunch since I'll be out all day.

End of day note:  Was having a great time until I had to report a male resident of the nursing home who has apparently been harassing my 93 year old Mom by asking for kisses and who knows what else! I've noticed this man before and he makes my skin crawl.  Yes, he's in a wheelchair and is not right but my Mother shouldn't have to deal with him coming into her room or anywhere near her, period.  The social worker will be calling me tomorrow to discuss this further and meantime he's being "watched".

All animal medicine has both a positive side and a negative side.  There is a time to trust, and a time to NOT trust and shoot your quills - this is one of them for sure.   I don't think it was a coincidence this problem came to light on this particular day and I am very grateful to Porcupine for being with me today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment