Monday, June 23, 2014

Animal Telepathic Communication With Great Dane Magnus




ANIMAL TELEPATHIC COMMUNICATION WITH MAGNUS



German bred Great Dane, Male, Neutered, Age 2 1/2
Person: Lori P., fostering
Date: 8/18/10
Time: 10:28am to 11:02am



Background:  Magnus has lost his family and is in a foster home now awaiting adoption by a new family after Labor Day.  His original family could not bring him back to Germany because he grabbed a child's leg while they were staying in the US, a report was filed, and German officials will not let Magnus back into the country . The child whose leg he grabbed was playing with a child who was a member of Magnus' family, and he is known to be very protective.  His new family, a husband and wife with two dogs are visiting him at his foster home every weekend so he'll be used to them, but Magnus exhibited some aggression toward the husband on their first visit. Magnus is also known to not like men.  The purpose of this communication was to let Magnus know why he's in a foster home, that he'll be going to a new home, and to talk about his aggression with the husband. 

Hi Magnus, my name is Karen. Can you hear me?
I hear you. Who are you?



I'm Karen, a person, a friend of the woman Lori who is caring for you now. Would you mind talking with me?
I'm a bit preoccupied right now, but I guess so.

Lori sent me some pictures of you. You are very handsome and strong looking.
Thank you, I like compliments.



Lori asked me to talk with you about what happened to your family and what's going to happen now. But first, can you tell me a little bit about yourself?
I'm not a very patient dog. Can we talk about the important things first? What happened to my family? What have I done wrong? I know I've done something to lose favor with them.



(I explained about him grabbing the little boy, the boy telling his parents, and a dog bite report being filed. I explained that his family had to move back to Germany. And that because of the report, the people in charge in Germany would not let him accompany his family back there.)
I did not bite him. That was not a bite!



(I explain that when a dog grabs a person with his mouth, it is considered a bite.)
Well, not to dogs. Biting is biting. I can't believe this. Are you kidding me?



(I explain I am not kidding, that his family did not want to give him up, but that they had no choice, and that I don't think what's happened to him is fair but it can't be changed.)
Fair? No, that's not fair. I can' believe this.

(I explain that the boy was small, and he is very large, and he may have hurt the boy by grabbing him and most probably scared him a lot. I explain that children are considered very important and that their parents want to protect them just as he wants to protect his own family.) So can you understand why it is very important to avoid grabbing a child's leg or any other part of a child with your mouth?
Yes, I understand.

Ok, good. Can you tell me why you grabbed the little boy's leg?
Because he was hurting my boy! Hurting a family member. My boy was afraid. I responded.



The little boy you grabbed was a friend. Sometimes when children play, it looks like they're hurting each other, but they're just playing. Like dogs and puppies play together and bite each other when they're playing. But it's just a game. So you need to avoid grabbing children or any other humans with your mouth. Can you try very hard to avoid doing that again?
I don't know. Can you avoid picking up things with your hands?



I use my hands to pick up things, but I avoid grabbing or even touching other people unless they want to be touched. (I explain if he does this again, another report could be filed and he could be in trouble and possibly lose his life. So it's important for him to avoid grabbing any parts of any humans in his mouth unless it's a true emergency and a member of his family is in real danger.) Do you understand?
Ok, I get your point. So how do I tell? I say my boy was afraid - I picked up on that. I saw a person trying to hurt my boy. I responded. So how do I know?



That's a good question. (I explain if someone in his family is screaming or saying the word "help" then he should help them, or if some stranger sneaks into the house at night, etc. ).  So are you willing to try a new home?
I am interested. I would like a home. I don't like it here. Some of the other dogs would like to get me. The big dogs, they're not really friendly to me. They say don't even think of staying here. So I would like a home because I believe them. There's a big male who is being especially communicative with me about this. So I want to go. I don't want to fight anyone - I'm too civilized for that.



Can you tell me why you seem to like women more than men?
Women have always been kind to me They don't have to prove anything. Men on the other hand look at me and see a challenge.



Really?
Yes, it's true. They want to dominate me. The big guy always gets challenged. It's an ego thing - dominance - control, the bigger the better.



I see. Well, I don't think the man in your new family is like that. I heard that you jumped on him and you were barking in his face and he didn't seem interested in that. (I explain again about grabbing peoples' arms or legs, how a lot of people don't like it and take it the wrong way, and that he needs to avoid doing that.) Do you understand what I'm telling you?
Yes, I hear you. My family didn't mind if I did that.
Well I don't know about your new family, but they might not like it, and on the whole, it's a good idea to avoid doing that to anyone.
I can see the importance of trying and I will. But it is hard to stop something that comes as second nature.



I think you can stop if you try very hard.
Ok, I will try very hard.



Good, thank you. So did you like the people you met a few days ago - the new family?
Yes, I liked them. They smelled like dogs. That's a good smell.



Great. Now that we've talked about your old family and your new family, can you tell me a little about yourself?
Magnus - I am intelligent, dignified, loyal, obedient, calm. I like to be in the house with my family best. I like kitchens, food. That's where food comes from. I like to sleep with my favorite family member, beside their bed, to watch over them. I consider myself a bit of a guardian angel. I like to watch over so the other can relax. My family - I like them to know Magnus is always watching so they can relax. I never relax - I am vigilant.

So you like to eat?
Yes, I like to eat.



Do you have a favorite food?
I like to chew on big bones. Once I got one that was as big as me. That's my favorite.



Do you like to play?
Yes, I like to play. I like to chase things. I like to play with other dogs who are friendly. I don't like to fight.



Is there anything you'd like to say to your new family, anything you want them to know about you?
I would say that since I have been abandoned, I am afraid that will happen again. Please make it clear what you want of me and I'll try to do that.



How should your new family let you know they're happy with you?
Smile and say "good Magnus".



And how should your new family let you know they are not happy with you?
Say, "Magnus, no".



Thank you, that sounds simple enough. Is there anything else you'd like to bring up?
No. I guess...I don't know. I'm very sorry I can't be with my family any more. I didn't know that was wrong, what I did. I guess I'm happy to know the reason, I just don't think it was a good one.



Maybe not, but there's nothing to be done about it now, it's too late. It's just important that you try very hard to avoid doing that again. Thank you for talking with me, you're a great dog. I wish you good luck and much happiness with your new family!



END OF COMMUNICATION


No comments:

Post a Comment