Monday, June 23, 2014

A Heads Up From Your First Animal Telepathy Helper

Aside from helping your telepathic conversations flow smoothly, whatever animal comes to you will also symbolize the challenge you will have in talking with animals. It's a big plus to know this up front so you can do something about it. Remember that you are the little one who knows nothing in this situation and the animal is like your mom or dad.

Here's a photo of K.C. teaching her little ones, Danjim and Bella, the proper procedure to initiate playing, which is to start with a play bow. When the puppies were small, they used to just pounce on K.C. and each other when they wanted to play. But as they got bigger, this was no longer acceptable to the adult dogs in our family. Bella is copying K.C. but Danjim isn't quite getting it. He jumped on her like he normally would and got a whomping. But after a couple of reprimands, he caught on and got to play with mom instead of getting punished.

When Ooneeta the armadillo appeared to help me, at first I was puzzled. I knew that armadillo's have a hard protective shell and they can roll up in a ball if attacked by an enemy. But in talking with animals, what would I need to protect myself from? It took me a while, and a number of conversation with animals, to figure it out. I realized that what I had to protect myself from was taking on the sadness and pain of some of the animals I was talking with.

When animals communicate telepathically, they send not only words and pictures, but emotions and sensations too. So if an animal is happy and energized, I feel that way also. On the other hand, if an animal is sad, tears will pour from my eyes. If they are tired or depressed, I will feel the same. Sometimes, but not always, if an animal has pain, I will fell the same pain briefly.

Receiving emotions and sensations from animals through telepathy is normal and they usually pass quickly. The communicator acknowledges them and then lets them go. But I am the type of person who feels great empathy with animals. When one of our dogs gets sick, after a while I feel sick myself. If a dog feels stressed and nervous, I pick up their feelings and can become stressed and nervous. Empathy for another's suffering is a good thing, but it's not good to make their suffering your own.

So I knew this was something I needed to guard against, and like Ooneeta, I needed to arm myself with a protective shell when I talked with animals.

Armadillo also teaches about setting boundaries to protect yourself, and your personal space. In this regard, I needed to stop worrying about some of the animals' problems. Although just having their person know what's bothering them and hear what they think and feel is a great relief to animals, sometimes changes are needed too or problems will continue and get worse. I can tell people how their animals feel and what they would like, but that doesn't necessarily mean the person will follow through. Sometimes they can't and sometimes they won't. So although I am dedicated to relaying messages as accurately as possible, and making sure the animal's person understands what the animal want them to know, I cannot personally "fix" problems. I have to accept that I have done the best I can and not feel responsible for the final outcome.

There are many books on the market you can refer to for information about Animal Medicine and symbols, but I think these three are the best:

Medicine Cards by Sams and Carson
Animal Speak by Ted Andrews
The Penguin Dictionary of Symbols by Jean Chevalier and Alain Gheerbrant

If your local bookstore can't order them for you, these books can also be found through Amazon.com or on eBay. And if you hate to read, or all your extra money is going to fill your car's gas tank, you can search the internet for information using keywords such as "animal medicine", "totem animal", "power animal" and "animal symbols".

After meeting and thoroughly acquainting yourself with your first animal telepathy helper, it's time to do the same with your second helper and make your "team" complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment