Monday, June 23, 2014

Black Panther Medicine


Black Panther by EverythingsPainted on Etsy

Welcome to Black Panther, my teacher for today!  A Black Panther may in fact be a jaguar, leopard, or other large wild cat with all black coloring and they may be found living all over the world.   

The key here is the color black which symbolizes darkness - the place to go to look for and find answers and then bring them to light.  Black Panther often appears to tell us not to worry about the future and not to fear the unknown, but to simply "be".  Many humans have learned to fear the darkness but its velvety nothingness can be a place of comfort and safety.  After all, we spent approximately 9 months in our mother's womb and most of us weren't particularly anxious to come out! 

Another at home day with some expected time in the afternoon to be quiet and hear what Black Panther might care to tell me, or else something may come in the Dreamtime tonight. 

Mid day note:  Was thinking of the photos yesterday and how I felt sad about the change in my home's decor, which to me reflects my state of mind.  I was sad because it's starting to look empty and colorless as I weed out things no longer wanted,  and to me, empty lacks life and warmth.  But Black Panther tells me sometimes it's good to wipe the slate completely clean and leave it bare for a while.  It's not necessary to immediately replace what was removed, but best to think on what is truly wanted.

Too, the shell of my home needs repairs and deep cleaning - floors, walls - lots of things, and the emptyness definitely brings all the flaws to light.  It's my intention to be finished with the cleanout of the house and me by Dec 31 then start work in January on the repairs.  We can't afford to hire someone so I'm going to have to do it myself.

But Black Panther says that way is just right - to gradually empty myself,  keeping only that which is beautiful or useful, then work on what's broken or in disrepair, before making any new additions.  She also says it's better to do the work myself in order to avoid the quick fix syndrome.  That's when you expect someone else to fix your mess, or tell you what to do in order to avoid having to work or think yourself.

End of day notes:  Right after I posted the above I went out to water the plants and saw 3 hummingbirds! They reminded me that hummingbirds avoid places that lack beauty and joy so I felt a bit better about my messy garden and self.  We have no flowers at the moment for them to sip but they might be liking the birdbath. Or maybe they enjoy the perfume of the mimosa tree - the scent is wonderful. 

There are tons of dragonflies this year of all different types.  One lit on my arm yesterday and stayed there while I watered the tomatoes. I love dragonflies - they always notice you right away and are very open to communicating.  It seems that insects are especially aware and read my mind very easily.  It's a bit uncanny.  Hornets and wasps are trusting and cooperative when I catch them in the house with the intention of putting them outside. Not sure I'm particularly flattered by the attention of the insects, especially the biting flies and mosqitoes...

Much gratitude to Black Panther for her lessons today - she was very helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment