Monday, June 23, 2014

Animal Telepathic Communication With Siberian Husky Sundance

For a little background on this communication, see prior post.

ANIMAL TELEPATHIC COMMUNICATION WITH SUNDANCE
Species:  Canine, Siberian Husky, Male
DOB:        7/6/04
Date:         6/7/10
Re:            Barking and screaming long after thunderstorms are over, and doing the same to come in the house when it's not his turn. 



Hi Sundance, it's me, Karen.  Can you hear me?
I hear you Karen.  You don't like me any more, do you.

Of course I like you - I love you!  I just don't like all the noise you've been making.  It's been upsetting to me, Richie, and the other dogs.
Ok Karen, I'm sorry I've been bad, truly sorry.

Could you explain why you've been acting like there's a thunderstorm  when it's all over and long gone?
Yes, because it was still there.  I'm afraid of electricity - electric storms.  It hurts my brain.  I want to run.  I feel safe with you.  Completely safe.

But the other dogs weren't acting like there was a thunderstorm, so I'm wondering why you have been?
I'm sorry.  I can't help it.  It makes my heart beat too fast and it feels like my chest will explode.  It's hard.  And then I think you won't let me in.

Well we always do let you in.  But it seems like you are faking to get extra attention and time in the house. As soon as you get inside, you act fine and are interested in food.  Dogs who are afraid don't want to eat food!
No Karen, was not faking.  If the weather is really bad, we don't eat.  If you notice,  I didn't eat the other morning.  If it's only a little bad, food makes me feel better.  It gives my stomach something to do.

I see.  But Richie also has the same impression that I do.  Are you sure you are being truthful?
I like coming in and getting food.  But that wasn't the main reason.

Ok, but why do you have to scream so loud? Did you realize how your screaming affects everyone else in this house?  It gets us all upset.
No, I didn't think of that.  I just blank out.  I can't help screaming - it just comes out.

I can understand your blanking out when there's thunder and lightening.  But what about the other times, when another dog is inside having their turn and you start screaming and barking and there is no thunderstorm? 
I just love to be with you so much.  It's hard.  I don't know why I can't be in all the time like K.C. and Jasmine.  It's my job to be with you!

Jasmine is in all the time because she's old and when dogs are old, they can stay inside if they want.  K.C. isn't in all the time, just in the afternoon for a while and at night.  K.C. had a littter of puppies for us and coming inside is part of her reward for all the hard work she's done.  All the other dogs in our family like to come in too.  That's why everyone gets a turn.  All dogs need to be treated as equally as possible.  I love all of you equally.  Do you understand what I'm saying about being fair to everyone?
Yes, I understand.



Good.  Thank you.  And do you understand that when you scream very loud, you get me, Richie, and all the other dogs upset?  I don't expect you to be silent if you're upset, but could you think about trying to bark a little softer and try not to scream?
Yes, I understand and I will try harder.  But it's very difficult.

Yes, it is difficult, but you're older now and I think you can do better if you try.  I'd appreciate it very much if you would at least try. Do you understand what I'm saying about trying to be more quiet when you're upset, so that you don't get others upset too?
Yes, I do understand.  I'll really try harder.  I just want to be with you!

 I'm happy that you like to be with me.  But when you live with a family of many dogs, things must be shared and others must be considered.  No one dog can have everything.   Do you think you might be happier in another home, being an only dog and getting all the attention? 
No!  I don't want another home.  I love it here.  Please don't do that!

I wouldn't want to do that either. But  I needed to know if you're truly happy here or if you'd be happier being an only dog.  That's the only reason I asked.  If you want to live here, you have to try to cooperate and follow the rules.  And one of the rules is everyone gets a turn in the house for special attention.  So it would make me and Richie very happy if you would try to respect that.
Ok, I will try hard!

Great, thank you.  You can still come inside during the day. And if there is a thunderstorm, you can still come inside.  But if there's not a thunderstorm, you must wait for your turn at night.
All right, only if thunder.

There's something else I'd like to talk with you about.  Can you tell me why you bang on your kennel door when I'm outside in the morning finishing poo patrol?
Because I want to come in.

But you know I am going to let you in within a few minutes.  You know I have to get the girls in the other yard and finish poo patrol. And Jasmine is slow coming in. You can see what's going on from inside your yard.   Do you think your banging on the door will make me go faster?
No, I guess not.

You're right, it does not make me go any faster because I'm already going as fast as I can.  So if you could try to be patient and avoid banging on your door, I'd be very happy.  If you keep banging on the door and it breaks, I don't know if I can get another one like it.  Then there would be no door on your kennel and that wouldn't be too good because all the bugs, rain, cold weather and heat would get in.  Do you agree?
Yes.  I guess you are very unhappy with me, aren't you.

No, I love you very much and I think you're an excellent dog. I'm just unhappy about these things we've been talking about.  So please try to be more quiet and avoid banging on your kennel door.
I love you too Karen.  I'll try, I promise.

Tonight is Hamm's turn in the house and there is absolutely not a drop of rain or thunderstorms around anywhere.  I'm expecting you to be a good boy tonight when Hamm is inside and not make noise, ok?
Ok, I understand.  Hamm's turn tonight.

Good.  But I want you to know that if you make noise tonight when it's Hamm's turn, when you come in the house morning I will not give a single crumb of food to you.  That means no picking up the kibble I drop when I fill the  food dishes, no cleaning up the crumbs that Jasmine leaves, no piece of my banana, no bite of my lunch, not one single thing to eat. Do you understand what I'm saying about what will happen if you make noise tonight when Hamm comes in?
I understand, and I'll really try!

Thank you,  that'll make me very happy.  Is there anything that I could do to make your life better, other than letting you in all the time?
Yes, you used to play with me sometimes.  But now you don't.  Could you play with me once in a while?

It's true what you say.  I did used to play with you and I haven't been.  Do you know why?
No, I don't know why.

The reason I haven't been playing with you is I've been trying to get more work done.  Things are hard now. Nobody has much money.  I have to work extra hard to make money to pay for things.
But you need to play yourself sometimes.  It's good for you too Karen!  You never have any fun any more.  I can help you with having fun. Please play with me again?




Ok, I'll make a deal with you.  If you are good tonight, I'll play with you tomorrow.  For every night you are good, I'll make some time the next day to play with you. Does that seem fair?
Yes, that seems fair!

I think so too. Thank you for talking with me and for trying to make me happy by being more quiet.  Don't forget, I love you very much!
I love you and our home and will try to improve!



END OF COMMUNICATION

Next day Notes:  Last night Sundance did try to make less noise while he was out in the kennel and Hamm was in but wasn't all that successful.  He was completely quiet the final 10 minutes before last call outside before bed.  Then we let him in the house to sleep before he had a chance to start complaining.  We need to get some rest and at least  it was my choice and not his demand. Today he was in as usual and I talked with him and gave him affection and attention, but he got no food and I didn't play any games with him.  An unexpected thunderstorm came up this afternoon so I brought everyone in and let Sundance in the house. Tonight we'll see if he does any better but I know the storm stressed him out again.

I don't like to give in, but  Sundance is an especially anxious animal and not a typical independent Siberian.  So I may be asking more of him than he's capable of doing and some creative thinking and compromises could be the best way to achieve a win-win situation for everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment