Monday, June 23, 2014

Butterfly Medicine



Spring Butterfly Photograph by Knee Deep Originals on Etsy

My teacher today is Butterfly whose lessons are about transformation, a process we humans go through many times throughout our lives.  There are 4 stages to the cycle which are egg (having an idea), larva (making a decision to carry through on the idea), cocoon (working on making the idea a reality), and birth (completion).  Adult butterflies live anywhere from a week to a year, feed primarily on flower nectar, and also contribute to pollination. Their sense of taste is 200 times greater than that of humans,  they have very good eyesight, and many of them migrate up to 3,000 miles away!  I'm looking forward to learning what Butterfly has to teach me today!

End of Day notes:  At the beginning of this year I set goals for myself in the major areas of my life then my Dad became seriously ill and crossed in February.  His estate was time consuming and Mom being in a nursing home made things complicated.  So it's been necessary to put my own goals on the slow track since I have no siblings.  The important thing is I've continued to work on them as I can and haven't given up on the possiblity of still realizing most of them by December.  I'm thankful to Butterfly for reminding me that transformation takes time even in the best of circumstances.

Butterfly is also connected to the element of Air which is symbolic of thought. Going slowly not only gives one extra time to think about goals more thoroughly, but can also offer the opportunity to either change them before a lot of time is invested,  or else become more committed to them which is what's happened for me. Much gratitude to Butterfly for your lessons today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment