Monday, June 23, 2014

Weasel Medicine




Welcome to my teacher today, who is Weasel!

Weasels are found in America, Eurasia and South Africa, living in dens dug into the ground, rock piles, or stumps.  They are solitary animals, eat mostly meat,  and are known to be especially fond of chickens.  Most of them are brown with white underparts, but those living in snowy climates turn white in the winter time and are called ermines. 

Weasel's lessons have to do with stealth and the power of quietly observing who and what are around us.  Often times people underestimate those who are silent and will say and do things in front of them they wouldn't ordinary do around other people,  or treat them as if they are invisible.  Practicing weasel medicine can enable one to learn a lot of secrets.

  How one uses the information obtained from practicing this type of medicine is key.  Some use secrets about others to hurt them by ripping and tearing at their most vulnerable spot, i.e. - "go for the throat",  which is how weasels attack their prey.  But there are no bad animals and no bad medicines, only bad choices on how to use their powers.  Some positive uses for Weasel medicine are to avoid trouble, to see the truth about a situation or person, and to help others.

I don't know what Weasel wants to tell me today but I do know that sometimes I'm not as quiet as I should be and sometimes I share too much information with others.  Actually, I had a mildly unpleasant situation this weekend that I told someone about and instantly regretted it.  So maybe the lesson is for me to do less talking and more listening :>) 

End of day notes:  Well it WAS a little insulting to be asked to give a professional opinion about a vintage item and then have the person say they're going to pay $15 to an on line source so they can "find out" about said treasure because "it's such a unique item" (but unfortunately not worth much of anything).  My reply was, "ah..." and I left it at that.

  Being an antiques dealer, this actually happens more than occasionally when friends or acquaintances have something they think is valuable and are disappointed it's not.  On the other hand, a friend brought an item to the farmers market on Sunday wondering what it was worth and was very happy with my answer (because it was worth something). 

So when I know something is worth little or nothing, maybe a better response would be "I'm not sure (that you really want to know) what it's worth." ~ lol ~. That would be weaseling out of giving an honest answer for sure, wouldn't it.

Was this Weasel's lesson?  No - the animals never teach dishonestly, but a lot of things seem to be coming up that are business related.  I'll just have to wait and see what comes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment